Precision cut to your exact requirements
Technical Team Available To Support You
Fast Worldwide Delivery
High-Quality Materials Used
What are Plastic Shims used for?
Plastic shims are a fantastic all-round solution due to their versatility and range of desirable properties. These include durability, insulation, high compressive strength and moisture resistance. They are a popular alternative to metal shims as a very cost effective solution. There are many applications where plastic shims are the ideal solution, these include aligning components, reducing reactivity between materials, protecting the join between parts from wear and tear and reducing corrosion.
Get A Quote:
Do You Supply Colour-Coded Plastic Shims?
Yes, this is our speciality. Our unique Polymex® shim stock is colour-coded to provide instant thickness identification. We can cut a variety of custom designed shims, gaskets, washers and spacers from this material.
PSG, The Innovators Of Colour-Coded Polymer Shims
Plastic Shims and Gaskets are the worldwide manufacturer and supplier of colour-coded Polymex® materials. Our brand is recognised and trusted worldwide, which is specified in some of the worlds’ most recognised brands and technical applications.
Our total commitment to quality, consistency and service has earned PSG international recognition across many industries as the preferred manufacturer of high-quality, precision-cut components and gaskets.
Experts in Manufacturing Plastic Shims & Gaskets
Our product range of polymer shims, gaskets and custom components are made from high-tech engineered polymers and other technical materials which are unique to our markets.
Innovation & Development since 1969
Plastic Shims and Gaskets manufacture precision-cut polymer shim components which are uniquely colour coded for their thickness. In addition to servicing our customers’ bespoke requirements, we are principal suppliers to distributors and OEMs focused on Europe and APAC regions.
Typical applications for our components include precision cut shims, technical gaskets & components, specialist insulators, spacers & washers, bespoke ratchet & anti-friction discs and project prototype components across a wide range of technical sectors.
Why Choose Our Plastic Shims
- Durable: Polymex® Polymer shims and gaskets do not corrode or breakdown due to their long-lasting properties.
- Assorted range: Our colour coded Polymer Shims are available in a variety of thicknesses to suit all technical applications.
- High Quality: Through continuous testing we’re able to ensure our production processes comply with the highest industry standards.
Tough, Versatile & Adaptable to your Application Needs
Our Polymex® products have been applied to a variety of pressure and temperature control applications, including compression, expansion, sealing and support. This is because the polymer components are self-lubricating, wear-resistant and corrosion-proof, as well as being able to withstand high pressure and both high and low temperatures, making them an ideal material for use in many industries and some of the world’s most challenging environments.
Precision-Cut Polymer Components
We offer a comprehensive range of shapes, from simple OD’s/ID’s as well as complex components, made to your exact requirements and specified tolerances.
The precision-cut polymer components that we manufacture, are uniquely colour-coded to identify their specific thickness, giving customers a quick visual reference to use the right shim or spacer for each application, without the requirement to use a micrometre.
Please see our colour-coded Polymex® chart below for a full breakdown.
Why choose Polymex® Polymers For Your Project?
- Unique colour-coding of the material provides instant thickness identification
- Internationally trusted and recognised products
- High strength to weight ratio makes them a strong alternative to metallic shims due to corrosion resistance and durability
- Specified in many of the world’s leading aerospace and automotive industries and highly technical sectors
- Manufactured in the UK to the highest quality standards in our high hygiene manufacturing facility
- Highly durable and excellent wear-resistance
- Excellent insulation properties
- Chemical and oil resistance
- Low co-efficient of friction
- High compressive strength
- Outstanding product performance
- Moisture resistant so they will not swell or degrade in harsh or challenging environments
- Extensive range of temperature tolerances