We think different.
Our founder, Inam Gardezi, worked in the engineered shim space industry in the 1960s. Realising the limitations of a rigid material like steel and the challenges of easily distinguishing the thickness, he had the idea of using colour-coded polymers for each gauge of material.
His simple idea launched an entire industry. Plastic Shims & Gaskets was subsequently born from Inam’s home in Bethnal Green, London, in 1969. In doing so, he brought this brand-new innovative solution to the global marketplace.
“In this image Inam Gardezi is leading our London based operation before the dawn of IT filled offices, he can be best described as a thought leader in the engineered shim space.”
How it began
PSG Group evolved from those humble beginnings, growing organically and through acquisition. Over the years we have increased our technical process capabilities and offerings to include the production of specialist plastic films.
Companies are combined under one structure, PSG Group International, which comprises of five divisions.
- Carton Window Films Ltd.
- Plastic Shims and Gaskets Co. Ltd.
- Trade Conversion Services Ltd.
- Archival & Conservation Materials Ltd.
Polymer Shims & Components is our latest company, due to launch in 2023 in Phoenix, Arizona, to service our US market.
A group with vision.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
PSG Group International ltd
Our Strategy Framework
To help our customers achieve their aims of reducing maintenance costs, lowering downtime, and improving reliability, by providing products of the ultimate in quality and reliability to provide complete peace of mind.
- Inspire our people to grow and develop through structured training.
- Deliver financial returns to reinvest in the group.
- Continually improve our group companies to strive for perfection.
- Grow our group with the carefully considered acquisition of related businesses.
- Expand our international footprint.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Build on our history of innovation to solve our customers’ problems.
- Continuous improvement of all aspects of our group.
- Obtain further advanced quality and supply approvals.
Reliable, Innovative, Consultative